Internship - Business Development/Strategy
A health care company with global reach. A product pipeline filled to the brim. A team committed to scientific advancement. Think what’s possible. Novartis and its associated companies are always looking for talented employees globally. We are engaged in advance preparation for potential position openings. Submit your CV/resume now to join our talent pool for the position described below. Please note that you are not applying for a current vacancy, but are submitting your CV/resume for consideration for future, possible opportunities. We look forward to receiving your information. The intern will perform activities related to key strategic BD&L projects, including hypothesis-building, structured analyses, and general problem solving- while accounting for business conditions and trends that affect the organization.
- Develops the preparation of projections and future perspectives to support the company’s strategic decisions, such as product development and new business opportunities
- Interfaces with cross functional business leaders, which may include members of the executive team and senior leaders.
- Delivers timely, zero-defect analyses. Leverage Microsoft Excel for quantitative analyses
- Identifies challenges and risks across strategic initiatives, with a focus on analysis and market research; provides recommendations to counter challenges and risks
- Leads the development of major presentations for senior executives. Leverage PowerPoint to create impactful, concise, and defect-free presentations
Our Internship Program is a 10-12 week paid summer program focused on providing practical work experience. Internship assignments allow you to experience, first-hand, the type of work we do within Alcon. As an intern, you can make an impact on the business as well as continue to build your analytical, technical and leadership skills. Most projects offer the opportunity to work with individuals in a variety of capacities within the area you’re assigned and, potentially in other functions.
Novartis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Current graduate or undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited university majoring in Business, Finance, Math, Science or Engineering
- MBA students preferred
- Previous relevant experience preferred but not required
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week fulltime summer program
- Willingness to learn from others on the job and inside a specific team
- Curiosity to explore different functions and unique roles at Alcon
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top