International Therapeutic Area Lead - Equipment
* Relocation is not required. Candidates can be based globally.
Lead and Support Franchise Brand Plan, product development and lifecycle management, in providing medical guidance and expertise across the international organization and externally, on all aspects of therapeutic area and all related activities. This individual will be involved in the integrated strategic planning within international therapeutic area groups within the international organization as well as with regions Medical Affairs, and partners in the Commercial organization. The individual will lead the development and execution therapeutic areas strategic plans (Post-market, Medical Publications, Medical Education, and Medical/Clinical Customer Support) in alignment with the global, international and regional therapeutic area strategies
• Build and Lead the therapeutic plan for related area
• Build and Lead the implementation of the therapeutic plan for International regions, in close alignment with the global Brand Plan (brand support through medical actions, clinical data generation, Stand-alone, etc.).
• Provide medical expertise, guidance and support within the international organization and the related Franchise medical.
• Contributes to providing insights on medical opportunities for further data generation in post-approval developments, label extension.
• Actualize his/her personal expertise through relations with internal / external medical experts.
• Provide / integrate international Medical insights within related Project Teams (MET)
• Review relevant IITs submitted to regional/global medical affairs, and advise on post-market studies when necessary.
• Coordinate and monitor constantly medical information quality on assigned scope of Franchise products (narrative, medical content, data generation, publication etc.) as well as on competitors.
• As the international medical lead, be the Medical point of contact for external bodies for the brand, coordinate, validate (for product medical content) and follow-up information exchanges in order to secure quality and alignment.
• Follow, analyze and be the scientific reference for all publications for his scope.
• Answer to all medical enquiries for his scope.
• Review and sign-off narratives and all international product documentation: promotional materials, symposia and stand-alone events materials for his scope.
• Provide guidance and content for medical training on assigned products & projects.
• Participate in training needs assessment and training plan guidelines definition - for scope of Franchise products/projects.
• Create and/or validate product training content: medical educational materials, product-training packs, FAQs, etc.
• Follow-up and support local training functions in the set-up of programs implemented by local / regional and international medical teams.
• Prepare scientific and medical communication to support franchise strategy on related products and technology benefits.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected] com.
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelors Degree with 10 years of experience in Medical Affairs
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• Medical/scientific/clinical expert in ophthalmology preferred with previous experience in Alcon portfolio as a plus
• Demonstrated successful International experience
• Successful cross-functional project management experience
• Successful cross cultural experience
• Strong capacity to deal with internal and external customers in a complex matrix organization.
• Capacity to manage assigned projects within timelines and budget
• Communicates with impact
• Analytical Robustness
• Focus on delivery
• Managing complexity
Back to top