Inside Sales Team Lead
- Brussels, Belgium
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Inside Sales Team Lead has split responsibility between managing the Inside Sales Representatives team and interacting with the assigned customer segment by regular phone calls to build and execute business plans to meet or exceed sales goals for assigned territory.
The role is responsible for coaching the Inside Sales Team, performance management and development and management of activity and communications within the team. The role also drives territory sales performance, market share, and optimal resource utilization. Develops effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results across a range of therapeutic areas.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Responsible for hiring, coaching, development, engagement and management of ISR team.
• Works with marketing to co-design and implement strategy for the ISR team.
• Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned customers over the phone and by utilizing remote sales applications
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships)
• Executes call plans for customers; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency
• Adapts and optimizes approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs
• Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls • Ensures that Alcon products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers
• Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs
• Uses expert knowledge of Alcon products to support sound clinical discussions
• Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products' features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Alcon products
• Allocates resources effectively (i.e. sampling, marketing material, etc.) • Works effectively with other Alcon stakeholders with resources in Sales and across other functions (e.g., KAM, Marketing, etc.) to achieve sales targets
• Provides Alcon stakeholders and other colleagues with insight and feedback gained from customer interactions
• Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and all company policies and ensures those around him/her do the same
• Presents a positive attitude and leadership skills to foster a high performing culture
• Actively participates in all team meetings, conference calls, trainings, sales meetings
• Supports the Head of Sales with team communication, team coordination and reporting.
• Any other duties or projects as requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/or training
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field Business/Marketing preferred
• Fluent in Dutch, French
• English : business level
• Prior exposure to sales and sales techniques within a telesales / internal sales/account management environment within any industry sector dealing with B2B customers, prior exposure to people management / team leading / mentoring / coaching preferred
Back to top