HSE Advisor - Risk Management, Emergency, Business Continuity
•Develops effective and efficient HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) Management System processes and provides technical expertise and influences site management on HSE matters for the following Novartis Processes – Business Continuity (BC), Emergency Management (NEM) and Risk Management.
- Develops systems and tools for site leaders to use to ensure compliance with all pertinent HSE regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and/or other externally driven requirements.
- Develop and implement systems and tools for site management and personnel to use to ensure conformance with all pertinent Novartis HSE Guideline and associated Guidance Notes.
- Ensures that HSE services are provided to the site in an effective and efficient manner in alignment with business objectives and works directly with business leaders.
- Responsible for ensuring the administration of sound Business Continuity (BC) process throughout the site organization, coordinating internal BC activities and liaising with Corporate BC organization.
- Develop strategies for identified, unacceptable risks in an effort to avoid, reduce, transfer risks, and/or to recover systems and resume business critical processes and activities.
- Develop BC Plans to address the full range of resources required to manage resumption or recovery of the business process concerned, and should be aligned with Novartis Emergency Management.
- Develop, assist, and/or support all NEM related planning efforts. This includes response and recovery plans, policies, procedures, personnel, checklists, and other necessary planning related resources to include mapping, technical manuals and other reference materials.
- Perform coordination, scheduling, planning, and facilitation of all site mitigation and preparedness activities relating to BC and NEM.
- Function as the site’s Process Risk technical expert for hazard analysis to include consequence modeling and risk analysis activities.
- Manage comprehensive Process Risk capital project reviews from conceptual design through equipment commissioning on projects involving process safety, risk engineering, fire protection systems, hazard management, and critical process related equipment.
- Conduct risk training on subjects such as; hazard analysis, facility siting, mechanical integrity, and fixed fire protection inspection, testing, and design.
- Lead in-depth risk studies and assessments for facilities, including Process Risk facility reviews and critical process related equipment reviews. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •College/university degree in safety, fire protection, environmental science, occupational health, engineering, or related field.
- Fluency in English essential.
- At least 10 years of professional experience related to HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental)
- At least 5 years of professional experience directly related to at least one of the following HSE sub functions – Business Continuity, Emergency Management and Risk Management preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a diverse range of people, including the proper handling of confidential, sensitive, or emotional situations
- Leadership ability to positively motivate teams to achieve superior results
- Driven, client-oriented mindset and desire to continuously improve
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects and assignments
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top