Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s three businesses – Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care – meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA and Lake Forest, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a HR Manager in the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Irvine, CA. The primary scope of this role will be to lead and manage various aspects of the HR function in support of the overall business priorities for an MTO-QA Site. Under the leadership of the HR Site Head this role will provide workable HR solutions to improve organization effectiveness, and to diagnose and implement structures and strategies to drive performance; coaching and mentoring functional leaders in developing leadership and management effectiveness, including change management. Develop and execute of talent and workforce strategies to address both the strategic and operational talent needs of the site. Actively participates on the respective business team initiatives and represents the HR function in client group meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- First line contact for clients regarding all Human Resources activities
- Effectively coordinate overall HR support to ensure that client’s needs are met in timely, high-quality fashion for staffing, employee relations, compensation, salary planning, recognition/reward, relocation and other HR related services as needed
- Able to develop strong employee relations at all levels of the organization. Balance employee advocacy with business needs
- Provide services directly to site business partners or act as liaison between clients and HR Centers of Expertise. Manage the implementation of enterprise-wide HR programs, processes and practices within client group in coordination with COEs
- Assess and prioritize functional workforce needs and collaborate in identifying solutions and leading their implementation
- Provide guidance on organization effectiveness, change and design interventions and initiatives within the respective division
- Continue to build out best in class capabilities and help the leadership team develop and acquire the right talent
- Provide management with coaching and consulting support in all areas of talent management, including selection, assessment, development, deployment, engagement and retention of talent
- Provide guidance on organization effectiveness, change, and design interventions and initiatives within the respective client groups
- Assess, prioritize, and represent divisional workforce needs to HR COEs. Collaborate in identifying solutions, taking a lead role in their implementation
- Engages in ongoing assessment of HR process effectiveness and identification of improvement opportunities and solutions
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years directly related experience or equivalent is required
- Experience in enterprise-wide HR programs, staffing, employee relations, compensation, salary planning, recognition/reward is required to be successful in this position
- Large corporation experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company’s contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top