Head, Search and Evaluation Surgical
Contributes to Alcon’s growth and innovation objectives by identifying external product and technology opportunities for acquisition, licensing or partnering. Manages the landscapes of external opportunities, and leads a cross-functional team responsible for the evaluation of these opportunities for their technical, IP and commercial value.
- Key and primary contact towards external innovators, such as executives of start-up companies, venture capitalists, KOLs as well as executives of established companies
- Responsible for establishing external strategic priorities in collaboration with Franchise and R&D leadership teams
- Responsible for searching the global technology landscape and identifying product opportunities in a systematic and timely manner
- Accurately maintain comprehensive strategic technology landscapes and retains a deep knowledge of competitors, internal R&D projects and strategy of the franchise
- Responsible for establishing and leading a cross-functional team of technical experts and collating individual inputs into a Technical Evaluation report
- Evaluation of opportunities for their value based on a R&D, commercial and intellectual property relative to other opportunities in the landscape
- Is the “go-to person” for leadership for questions about external technologies
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of presentations to executive leadership
- Participates in due diligence activities as required and provides critical technical input for negotiations and/or completion of deals
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree. Advance degree preferred: PhD Life Sciences or MD/OD
- Fluency in English essential; knowledge of a second language (or culture) is a plus.
- Minimum: 10 years directly related experience
Solid understanding of ophthalmology via education or work experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top