Head, Human Resources
As a member of the Houston Manufacturing Facility Leadership Team the purpose of this role is to act as a Business Partner by developing and executing the People Strategy in support of the overall business priorities of the site. Under the leadership of the Global HR Director and Site General Manager this role will improve the organization effectiveness and deliver results on key HR metrics.
- Organization Design: Work with Leadership team to optimize the organization, positions and the job profile at department level based on business needs.
- Change Management: Support the site efforts to continue to evolve the culture. Implement change management tools to support the site operational changes.
- Talent Acquisition: Work with business partners to source and staff the right talent and to ensure a positive on boarding experience; responsible for internal talent sharing across MTO-QA and the rest of Alcon/Novartis.
- Talent Management: Support Leadership team to facilitate Organization Talent Review (talking talent sessions, succession plan and career progression & development plans). Provide insights in succession planning process at local level.
- Performance Management: Act as a coach and advisor to business leaders to improve the performance and effectiveness of their team members.
- Compensation & Benefits: In partnership with the Compensation and Benefits COE, develop the compensation strategy for the site to attract and retain talent.
- Retention: Carry out retention strategies and keep the turnover rate below industry.
- Employee Relations: Assess employee engagement and proactively develop action plans to ensure a positive, engaging and supportive work environment. Proactively address employee relation issues. Drive Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Lead HR Team, to include providing guidance on HR matters, setting department objectives and strategic direction, and ensuring team member development and career growth.
- Other HR activities:
- Identify trends and develop systematic approaches to solving problems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Communicate and explain HR policies to associates;
- Play key role in maintaining consistent company policies. Coach and provide guidance to the staff to be compliant.
- Help drive and support the Alcon culture, focusing on innovation, results and teamwork.
- Coach & influence business decisions for HR deliverables to meet operational and strategic objectives, along with ensuring growing manager and employee self-sufficiency in basic people processes and matters.
- Proactively identify, facilitate and coach change management and organizational development initiatives, acting as a consultant partner in providing solutions and supporting their implementation
- Develop leadership capability in the organization; onboarding new managers, coaching them to become better leaders in appropriate and effective ways.
- Work with the line to identify and develop talent in the organization, and stay connected to functions' top talent, managing quality and implementation of development plans.
- Available for relocation*
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 10 years' experience in HR in a generalist role or equivalent experience. Experience in manufacturing and pharma/medical device or biotech industry and management of remote field employees preferred.
Job Specific Areas of Technical/Functional/Professional Competence:
- Broad HR functional knowledge & expertise, with in-depth practical knowledge of key HR practices & principles
- Strong business and people acumen and ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and understand the business, key drivers and related people implications & needs
- Customer Focused, Strong critical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Builds Talent and Teams, Leads Change, Drives for Results, Optimizes Personal Impact and Effectiveness, Exceptional analytical skills with effective judgment and decision making capabilities.
- The ability to interact with, challenge, influence and establish personal credibility with senior leaders and other employees
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data with the upmost discretion
- Proactive, independent and resourceful individual who takes initiative
- Strong project management capabilities and process focus
- Ability to accomplish goals/manage outcomes through influence, not just authority or compliance mandated
- Strong customer focus and service skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem solving
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence others to build consensus and support for ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Experience and Knowledge Essential
- Variety of HR roles and experiences with proven impact and accomplishments
- Implementation of core HR processes across multiple functions
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top