Global Technical Service Engineering Manager
•The Global Technical Service Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers as they define, test, modify, and create solutions to technical challenges.
- These technical challenges include test engineering, spare part repair engineering, remote product monitoring and diagnostics, net-working solutions, and remote connectivity of products.
- Obtaining results in these technical processes will bring a significant contribution to overall service business and customer satisfaction.
- This role will inter-face with various R&D, Marketing, MTO, Compliance, Quality and Global Service teams to lead technical product improvement projects.
- Leads a team of engineers to define solutions for servicing challenges.
- This manager will be responsible to hire, mentor and lead engineers in various disciplines of technical product service solutions.
- Will establish business and technical objectives, write performance reviews and support the development of individuals. Implements standards of wired and wireless networking of products to facilitate remote communications for product monitoring, diagnosis and repairs.
- This requires depth of understanding of networking technology, networking standards, product IoT and processes.
- Define and coordinate external vendor support of networking and technical product communications.
- This requires a high degree of communication and negotiation skills
- Requires problem solving skills to manage technical product challenges.
- The engineering team will support internal and external customers.
- This ranges in component repair assessments, assembly test procedures, repair validations, remote product monitoring and customer networking connectivity solutions.
- Expected to drive customer satisfaction through engineering solutions that impact products for serviceability and profitability.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science or other related science discipline.
- Preferred Level: MBA, MA or Equivalent
- Minimum Required: 10+ years of service management and/or engineering experience with medical device or related technical field-
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top