Global Product Director
•Reporting to the Global Franchise Director, this role will leverage eye care professional and consumer insights combined with a deep understanding of the category and the competitive set to identify and implement global strategies that accelerate share gains in the growing surgery market.
- In that context, the position encompasses a broad and exciting range of value creating activities: ranging from identifying early stage insight and strategies; to leading product, messaging, and commercial innovation; all the way to overseeing global product launches, developing communication ideas across all touch points, and enhancing local commercial execution.
- Analyze market trends and growth drivers (e.g. define the market from the consumer’s & Eye Care Practitioner’s perspective; analyze market segmentation; identify market and industry dynamics and trends etc.).
- Identify and develop new strategies for growth, including business case and implementation plans.
- Propose growth opportunities such as new product development or other business opportunities in conjunction with R&D, finance and supply chain group.
- Lead stakeholder alignment on new strategies or initiatives.
- Work with cross functional project teams to bring new products to market and serve as commercial lead for product or business model innovation.
- Partner with R&D and regions to keep initiatives growing over a 3-5 year horizon.
- Define lifecycle management claims and work with manufacturing on plans to upgrade or retire products.
- Create and manage global brand assets to ensure achievement of brand equity goals via marketing mix including brand essence, equity development, advertising, positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of consumer and professionals marketing programs across the marketing mix in line with agreed targets and strategies, to support current and incremental business needs.
- Support local affiliates in their launches of new products.
- Lead development of global business plans, marketing execution frameworks, and tool boxes to support launches.
- Coordinate the development and sharing of “best in class” practices for use across the global business unit.
- Work with local affiliates and global supply chain to ensure accurate forecasting and appropriate supply (new and existing products) in context of capacity and capital optimization.
- Support Agency creative development of materials that enable in-country success including key signature and demo visuals, compelling benefit language and Eye Care Professional message points.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years directly related experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top