Global Director, Medical Product Information (MPI) QA Affairs
The selected candidate for this role will plan, drive, coordinate and execute the regional Medical Product Information (MPI) process to provide accurate and timely responses to unsolicited requests for information from internal and external customers regarding all Alcon medical device products in compliance with local and international medical, legal, regulatory and commercial regulations, standards, guidelines and applicable directives.
- Foster and champion a quality culture and mindset to develop and maintain a sustainable and compliant Medical Information system that is consistently applied in all circumstances.
- Hire, manage and mentor a leading team of regional Medical Product Information (MPI) professionals providing accurate and timely responses to unsolicited requests for on and off-label information on Alcon products
- Assure creation and maintenance of regional specific procedures that will provide for consistent, quality-driven responses to internal and external customers.
- Assure that the processes and medical information provided are compliant with applicable medical, legal, regulatory, and commercial standards and guidelines.
- Address regional medical information related projects, internal and external communications and organization-building initiatives.
- Manage the process / documentation for identification and triage of all incoming communications received for adverse events, technical / product quality complaints and Customer Service orders by medical information personnel for timely entry into complaint handling database per procedure.
- Assure compliance to process for documentation of transfer of calls between MPI, Customer Affairs and Customer Service for traceability.
- Drive, mentor and evaluate direct reports' compliance with applicable regulations, guidelines, and company directives. Assess direct reports' overall customer interaction score and related results through appropriate metrics development and ongoing analysis.
- Manage process for quality assurance review of regional MPI responses to ensure accurate, timely and compliant responses.
- Evaluation of regional MPI process capability through use of real time metrics and customer satisfaction survey.
- Utilize metrics, trend analysis and other functional assessments to guide sound, successful customer interactions and solutions for responses to unsolicited requests for on and off-label information from internal and external customers.
- Assure MPI representation on new product and product upgrade launch teams.
- Key contact for regional functional escalations.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 15 years of MPI experience.
- An advanced medial degree is preferred; e.g. OD, MD, PhD.
- English proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience, preferably with a global company.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top