Global Business Support Analyst
Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s three businesses – Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care – meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA and Lake Forest, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a Global Business Support Analyst for the MTO division residing at the Lake Forest facility. The primary scope of the role will be responsible for working within the business to define to business standards and practices required for global service data roll-up and analysis. This support includes the development and maintenance of training packages for Siebel & Service Max systems for current and future software update releases.
Essential accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing support for the current global Service Management Software, (SMS), system implementations of Siebal and Service Max
- Training delivery is shared with Global IT and Area Technical Service Subject Matter Experts
- Supporting for new associate training in markets where expertise no longer exists
- Analysis of the data is performed to evaluate the business process completion and the data accuracy for compliance
- Standardization of technical service data containing the individual device product history records and the data used to support recalls and corrective actions
- Defining the SMS training program, audits the market data for accuracy and works with each market to maintain business processes for data input
- Implementations of new markets or upgrades of SMS are supported through country preparation, training and go-live support
- Providing guidance and/or training to global business standards and practices for all global instances of Siebel/SALSA
- Participating and leading project teams consisting of business and information specialists to evaluate, develop and implement business processes required for global standardization of Technical Service data collection
- Must demonstrate leadership skills, familiarity with business requirements, understanding of regulatory compliance requirements and the technology required to fulfill those requirements EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 3 years of service business process related experience or operational business process experience
- Sound understanding of Technical Service business practices and global strategic business systems
- An understanding of the close relationships between Siebel/SALSA, Business Intelligence and Global Supply Chain initiatives
- Working knowledge of data integrity and business process review to support data compliance needs for Quality
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company’s contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top