Financial Analyst II
Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 25,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon’s three businesses – Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care – meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
The Manufacturing Technical Operations division residing in Irvine, CA and Lake Forest, CA specializes in Surgical Instrumentation. Alcon offers the industry’s most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products, enabling surgeons to achieve the best results for their patients. Our surgical portfolio includes technologies and devices for cataract, retinal, glaucoma and refractive surgery, as well as advanced technology intraocular lenses (ATIOLs) to treat cataracts and refractive errors, like presbyopia and astigmatism. We also provide advanced viscoelastics, surgical solutions, surgical packs, and other disposable products for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery.
Alcon is currently seeking a Financial Analyst II in the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Irvine, CA. The primary scope of this role will be to provide financial analysis and support to the finance manager for the US Technical Service Organization. The Financial Analyst is responsible for all finance related activities for the Technical Service Organization. This includes a full P&L, computing and preparing data for journal entries, preparation of financial statements, building profitability models, account reconciliations, budgets and supporting other financial related activities that impact the US Technical Service organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare the accurate and timely processing of all month end close journal entries and supporting analysis
- Key Journal Entries which includes Accruals, Reserves and cross-charge analysis to support the US Technical Service Organization
- Preparation of month-end reporting and analysis including cost center trend and spending analysis by account, as well as reporting of key variance drivers to management, with focus on contracts, installations, warranties and retrofits
- Ensure accuracy of period end financial information and investigate/explain any material discrepancies
- Assist in preparation of the monthly forecast providing production performance and purchase price variance tracking
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and analysis of the General Ledger are maintained in accordance with GAAP, IAS and NFCM EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years related experience
- Working knowledge of SAP and BI Reporting is required
- Proficiency with Excel, Pivot Tables, Vlook Up
- Reliability and accuracy with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines, while simultaneously maintaining attention to detail and quality of work
- Proactive communication of anticipated risks both in terms of results and deliverables/action items
- Be a sound business advisor for the leadership team
- Seek for reducing the work burden of the financial processes by implementing sound procedures and accounting processes automation
- Team player able to interact with different levels and work on projects in a virtual team environment
No relocation package is allocated for this position.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company’s contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top