Field Service Engineer
•This position reports to the Regional Service Manager and is responsible for managing state-of-the-art femtosecond platforms, including planning and coordinating activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems related to installed equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties.
- In addition, this incumbent provides mentoring to new Field Service Engineers with hands-on, on-the-job training as well as leading local teams to ensure the highest level of technical expertise.
- Provides detailed advice or instruction and recommends adaptations to processes.
- Uses basic analytical techniques and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Provides technical or professional advice to external and/or internal contacts.
- Interprets complex information for internal and external sources, offering informative and factual guidance or advice.
- Ensures awareness of the workings of other departments and external environments and the impact they might have on the department.
- Ensures the success and results of small team projects and business activity.
- Coordinates available resources to achieve expected results, either through managing work flow of the team, or ensuring effective deployment of project information and materials.
- **Relocation is available.***
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- 5 years directly related experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top