Field Medical Advisor (Ophthalmology) - Austria or Southern Germany
Alcon are the market leader in eye care globally, helping people see better through advanced surgical and vision care products. If an innovative and forward thinking company is what you are looking for and are motivated by making a difference to people's lives then get in touch!
Our Medical Affairs team are seeking a Field Medical Advisor to join them and the position can be based remotely in Austria or South Germany (ideally you will be situated within commutable distance of an international aiport).
We are ideally seeking those with experience in an ophthalmology or optometry field (academia, industry, clinical practice), a strong communicator with experience of KOL development and fluent German speaker with excellent English and ideally some French.
The Field Medical Advisor (FMA) is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team. FMAs serve as a strategic link between Alcon and our Scientific Partners as they are expected to develop and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with Medical Experts (ME)/Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the field of Ophthalmology and optometry.
The FMA strategically support the development and appropriate use/adoption of Alcon products and therapies through supporting evidence generation, and evidence-based scientific exchange and by seeking external insights to further inform and shape company's understanding of the products, therapeutic area, and clinical practice.
Additionally, the FMAs provide general medical/healthcare information in given therapeutic area(s) to practitioners and internal Alcon associates.
The FMA responds to unsolicited requests for scientific exchange/insights, detailed working knowledge of Alcon products, current medical/scientific research, and publications and proposals for scientific research.
• Upon HCP request, liaise between potential researcher and Alcon on Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) from inception to publication.
• Function as the Alcon medical speaker to present, as needed, at customer sites, congresses, symposia, and training events for up-to-date data-based, scientific and clinical information on Alcon product(s).
• Identify national, regional, and local KOLs; develop peer-to-peer scientific relationships with KOLs and decision makers to expand scientific partnership opportunities; and gain their advocacy.
• Collect, analyze, and report insights that may impact company development plans/trial designs, launch and brand strategies/tactics. Develop a strong understanding of the future needs of ophthalmic surgeons and support medical education in alignment with Alcon strategy.
• Ensure cross-functional collaboration, interface effectively with all other Medical Affairs functions, as well as other departments, including Commercial, QA, Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, etc.
Minimum requirements Prefer MD/DO/MBBS/OD/PhD/PharmD/Advanced Degree in Ophthalmology or Optometry.
Fluency in English & German essential, French highly desirable
Advanced knowledge of eye diseases including ophthalmic surgical procedures and optometry.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in an ophthalmology or optometry field (academia, industry, clinical practice), with at least 3 of those in the ophthalmic industry or clinical practice.
Experience in a HCP facing role.
Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP, and other ethical guidelines.
Essential knowledge in product development, clinical trial design, regulatory requirements, payer landscape, and life cycle management.
Experience in scientific presentations and basic experience in medical writing and biostatistics.
Proven ability and experience to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with Medical Experts/decision makers.
Full driving licence
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Jose V.Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top