Fellow - Surface and Polymer Chemistry
This role will support the Alcon Vision Care portfolio and pipeline through efficient and innovative surface chemistry solutions for contact lenses and other medical devices.
• An expert internally and externally who supports the business through effective collaboration within Alcon and with external partners
• An individual contributor who possesses the deep technical knowledge to implement strategic decisions.
• Performs technology landscape assessments, selection of enabling technologies
• Plans, conducts and provides technical advice and/or direction to one or more projects of major significance that is highly difficult and complex in nature, necessitating the expert application of advanced knowledge in a particular field of surface chemistry and polymer chemistry..
• Leads the research and development of innovative surface chemistries and surface modification processes across multiple products and technology platforms to meet the needs of new and existing products from conception to commercialization
• Effectively collaborates with project heads, functional managers, and cross-franchise SMEs as needed to support R&D targets and project milestones.
• Provides technical and/or professional advice to internal and external contacts.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (HS +18 yrs; Assoc.+14 yrs; M.S.+7 yrs; PhD+6 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 10 Years of Relevant Experience
• Recognized expert in Polymer Chemistry and in different wet chemistry approaches for surface treatment of medical devices and/or Polymer Substrates
• Recognized expert in the field of surface chemistry with extensive industrial experience in surface treatment of a variety of polymeric substrates (such as hydrogels, rigid plastics etc.) and medical devices (such as contact lenses, catheters, stents, implants, etc.)
• Recognized expert in the field of surface chemistry as demonstrated via new medical device product launches and technical publications (presentations and patents)
• Accomplished expert with in-depth knowledge of various surface testing, including but not limited to surface chemistry/composition and surface physics (surface topography, surface energy, etc.)
• Recognized expert in different wet chemistry approaches for surface treatment of medical devices
• On top of the start-of the art surface treatment technologies for the medical device industry
• On top of the patent/ intellectual property landscape for surface treatment technologies for medical device industry
Back to top