Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 24,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking a Facilities Engineer for the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Lake Forest, CA. The Facilities Engineer provides support to ongoing Medical Device operations in the Manufacturing, Distribution, Technical Service and Research & Development environments. The successful candidate has facilities management and operations background along with a good working knowledge of health, safety and environment (HSE) activities. This position entails coordination and completion of various facilities related tasks and responsibilities that support the ongoing operations at multiple sites
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively manage facilities planning providing strategic space planning services including the planning/coordination of project moves, manufacturing line relocations/modifications, seating locations.
- Manage small capital projects from inception through close out up to $1M.
- Manage outsourced contractors such as soft service providers (janitorial, cafe, landscaping, security, elevator), maintenance equipment service providers, regulatory visits, etc.
- Manage the work order system (Computerized Maintenance Management System) across 2 main sites
O Managing new and existing work order changes
o Quality assurance and HSE work orders
o Develop and maintain audit documentation programs
o Improvements to the work order system
- Develop scope, bids, onboard new ISNetworld qualified contractors, support PO execution and timely invoice payments
- Coordinate the management of tenant responsibilities at multi sites.
- Lead the energy management programs – manage the annual energy saving program, develop cost/benefit analysis for energy projects, optimize the building management system and track utility usage.
- Assist with managing HSE activities by developing new programs, write/edit standard operating procedures, manage HSE projects.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related engineering field. Or a HS Degree with 10 years of experience English
- 2 years of experience in facilities management and operations but will consider qualified candidates.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Ability to interface with customers and provide timely, cost effective solutions.
- Good working knowledge of HSE procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to commute between sites.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top