Equipment Engineer II -Electrical
The Equipment Engineer II will join a team of subject matter experts within Alcon Global Technical Service Engineering Department in Lake Forest, CA. This is a hands-on position in which the Engineer will design, build prototypes, and develop new equipment for service personnel and provide ongoing engineering support to all departments within the organization.The successful candidate for this role will have hands-on design and development experience of automated and/or non-automated complex products containing hardware and software components. This position also requires hands-on experience developing firmware and/or applications. In this highly visible role, the ideal candidate has strong engineering problem solving and analytical skills; enjoys hands-on prototyping, designing, and/or troubleshooting in a lab environment. He or she also has excellent communication skills, is adaptable, and is able to thrive in a fast paced, fluid environment..
Design, prototype, and develop new equipment and/or upgrade existing test fixtures for service personnel
• Provide engineering support and technical issue resolution to all departments within Alcon Global Technical Service organization.
• Provide engineering support to the maintenance of all test equipment used within the organization
• Perform calibration studies and provide engineering support to the maintenance of equipment used within the organization
• Develop validation procedures for new or the upgrade of existing test equipment/fixtures and coordinate all related validation activities
• Monitor and support the validation execution through technical guidance, problem-solving activities, and training, if needed
• Ensure technical document accuracy and integrity to meet regulatory/company standards
• Contribute to new or the upgrade of existing product designs by conducting product performance analysis and generating requirements
• Collaborate with R&D to ensure requirements on serviceability, maintainability, and/or general product improvement are captured in new product designs
•Design and develop firmware for equipment and/or software applications for performance analysis
• Support or spearhead process improvement initiatives
• Support other assignments per business needs
• Interface extensively cross-functionally
• Ensure project deadlines are met
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
Equipment Engineer II -Electrical
•BS in Mechanical Engineering
•2 years of engineering experience
•Hands on design and development experience of mechanical test fixtures or similar products
•Good understanding of human factor design
•Ability to travel 10%
•MS in Electrical Engineering
•4 years of related experience preferred:
•Hands-on experience in the design and development of automated electro-mechanical test equipment or similar products
•Experience with packaging design
•Knowledge of surgical systems
•Experience working under the V model
Lake Forest, CA
GLOBAL FRANCHISE - SURGICAL
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top