Engineering Tech II - CSO - 2nd shift
Assist engineers in the fabrication, installation, assembly, testing, adjusting, maintenance and servicing of automated production systems with PLC computer controls as well as smaller pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical systems. This position will require the majority of time be spent out on the production floor.
1. The individual assigned to this position provides immediate response to equipment malfunctions. Is able to detect, correct errors, and adjust components.
2. Assures appropriate steps are taken to bring equipment back to an operable state by utilizing electrical, mechanical and computer based skills. Interfaces with internal support groups and external equipment vendors to solve equipment problems.
3. Maintain production equipment in good operating condition with attention to mechanics, electronics, pneumatics, process control, motion control and instrumentation.
4. Troubleshoot, install, set-up programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), robots and related electrical and automated equipment.
5. Troubleshoot system malfunctions on AC and DC drives, automation and third party equipment. Suggests and corrects problems.
6. Recommends additions and/or deletions to the existing P.M. framework.
7. Monitors in-line sensor verification by performing routine system audits with known defective units (masters). Documents test results on in-line verification checklists.
8. Assists Manufacturing Engineering with new equipment, or equipment upgrades, modifications or troubleshooting .
9. Maintains records and files related to own work. Organize records and work efforts to assure timely completion of tasks.
Posting Dates: 03/28/16-04/04/16
Work Schedule: 2nd shift Monday – Friday 4:00pm-12:00am (midnight)
Salary Range: Min: $796 At: $995 Max: $1194
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements 2 year engineering technology degree or Associate degree in engineering or field appropriate for automation equipment support activities
6 years, 3 of which is internal to Alcon, of technical support in areas covering PLCs, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic controls, equipment and/or processes.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top