Engineering Change Analyst I
This position supports the Research & Development (R&D) organization by providing effective document control administration, configuration control, maintenance of controlled documents and databases, and change control.
• Administers Documentum Compliance Manager (DCM) for R&D documents.
• Manages and archives (on-site and off-site) of hardcopy documents for Change Control.
• Performs functions within Windchill Design Control module to help manage the change management workflow, document status, and URR/UAR administration.
• Provides training and support to users for DCM, Windchill and SAP systems.
• Troubleshoots the root cause of problems users encounter when using DCM, Windchill and SAP systems.
• Reviews, issues, and archives laboratory notebooks.
• Ensures documentation aligns with updates that are made to the Alcon quality system.
• Issues, reviews and archives laboratory notebooks and design history files.
• Supports Design Control Engineers in ensuring hardcopy design control documents are managed, retained and archived in accordance with Alcon document retention policies
• Supports R&D LDS for SAP data integrity by reviewing status codes, revisions, material numbers and package preparation prior to ECN approval.
• Assign's SAP material numbers and analyzes material types in accordance with GDM governance.
• Analyzes all ECN changes to ensure document and attribute compliance.
• Ensures all ECN's are appropriately approved per local SOP's.
• Works with other Alcon sites providing ECN support.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelors' Degree with 3 years of relevant experience (or high school + 8 years; Associates + years).
• Able to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• Experience with documentation control, engineering change management, configuration control or equivalent.
• Knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office, Windchill (or other Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
• Knowledge of SAP application preferred but not required.
Back to top