Engineer II Quality Assurance
•Perform capability assessment of suppliers within assigned commodity using incoming inspection or supplier process data to develop a reliable supply chain of quality components.
- Lead supplier approval and reassessment activities within assigned commodity including, but not limited, to supplier approval surveys, risk assessments, onsite audits, and quality agreements.
- Ensure supplier related quality issues(i.e. customer complaints, rejections at Alcon) with assigned commodity are corrected to prevent recurrence. Involving partnering with the supplier on the use of root cause analysis tools(5-Why, fishbone, etc.) paired with a formal corrective action process(8-D).
- Support purchase component approval process including engineering drawing and validation review and approvals.
- Ensures immediate action, including for cause visits, is taken with suppliers on issues deemed critical(potential for recall).
- Provides a high level of service to the Alcon internal customer(Procurement, MS&T, R&D, and site level QA) requests.
- Supports, manages and partners with suppliers on projects to meet business requirements such as capacity increases or cost saving initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate Alcon and Novartis QS requirements are implemented at the suppliers within assigned commodity.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical) or Physical/Biological Sciences.
- No prior experience required
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top