The purpose of this position is to support process research, process development and process up scaling for new medical device products. This position also supports process data generation, data reporting and/or automation activities for medical device products. It contributes to the investigation and evaluation of existing technology and designs new methodology, materials, machines and/or processes as needed for medical device development.
• Originates and applies new and unique methods, procedures and designs.
• Assists in the design, development, testing and implementation of engineering processes to meet the needs of new and existing products.
• Assists in the design, development, testing and implementation of database systems including data monitoring/reporting to meet the needs of new and existing products.
• Applies fundamental level analysis to provide solutions to rudimentary problems arising within the department.
• Executes specified options to adapt or improve existing approaches.
• Applies fundamental engineering principles to the research and/or development of medical device/science/technology and/or provide engineering support.
• Participates in design reviews and actions assigned items.
• Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
• Executes under very close supervision, follows specific instructions and work is usually directed and structured.
• Operates within clear well-defined procedures with some latitude for decision making on expected issues.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +8 yrs; Assoc.+4 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• Knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and research methods.
• Ability to work on a variety of problems relating to engineering discipline.
• Familiar with process management and problem solving skills.
• Understands applied practice, concepts and processes in a relatively narrowly defined discipline, field or functional area.
• Operates within established guidelines, solving limited non-routine problems.
• Majority of problems are known and solutions are defined.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top