Electrical External Supplier - Irvine, CA
•Provides direction to Electrical Supplier Quality commodity team to ensure activities for supplier management (selection, capability assessment, approval, monitoring, partnership development, and improvement) program are implemented in order to ensure a reliable supply chain of quality components.
- Drives improvement in raw material quality levels and supplier capabilities.
- Manages the yearly objectives for the Electrical Supplier Quality commodity team and ensures team stays compliant to committed timelines and due dates.
- Leads the identification and resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Provides team leadership for projects/investigations relating to supplier quality issues.
- Develops and implements plans to improve quality performance of suppliers and communicates appropriately identified risks, gains support for risk mitigation efforts and tracks progress against plans.
- Conducts supplier business reviews to provide feedback on supplier’s quality, delivery, and commercial performance.
- Identifies supplier compliance gaps and actively develops solutions to close those gaps.
- Execution of GxP Audits worldwide
- Develops supplier audit schedule, tracks, monitors, and maintains outsourcing partner’s investigations.
- Makes certain that all regulatory requirements are being properly maintained.
- Opens appropriate CAPAs, drives issue resolution, and ensures proper closure.
- Serves as the Quality approval of supplier related CAPAs within assigned commodity to ensure correct root cause was identified and that adequate action was taken to prevent recurrence.
- Manages the commodity team audit/visit schedule to ensure necessary trips are taken to support timely issue resolution, capability assessments, and ensures that audits are done on time within budget.
- Leads quarterly supplier performance review for assigned commodity to present on Supplier KPIs, including capability trends, to upper QA and procurement management.
- Supports supplier selection and feasibility assessments for potential suppliers within their assigned commodity.
- Responsible for communicating to potential suppliers quality expectations and requirements based on the needs of the commodity and the business.
- Responsible for coaching, training and development of direct reports including ensuring team stays educated on the Quality (ISO, QSR, Novartis QS) standards and techniques related to auditing.
- Including attending an audit yearly with each member of team to evaluate the effectiveness of their audits.
- Serves as contact point within assigned commodity for Alcon internal customer (Procurement, MS&T, R&D, and site level QA) requests.
- Manages priorities within team to ensure a high level of service on these requests.
- Ensures appropriate Alcon and Novartis QS requirements are implemented at the suppliers within assigned commodity.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, or Physical Science discipline or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering within Medical De-vice/Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Industry with at least 3 years in a Supplier Quality related role
- 3+ years Team Leadership/Supervisory experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top