Electrical Engineering Manager
- Santa Barbara, CA
This position will be located in Goleta, CA
• Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all electrical engineering activities including designing, budgeting, and implementing projects.
• Ensures that Engineering activities are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established quality standards and procedures.
• Develops and implements policies that ensure effective completion of area functions.
• Coordinates closely with related departments to maintain schedules and make necessary changes and revisions.
• Assigns, trains, directs, and appraises Engineering personnel.
• Has knowledge of and follows engineering, regulatory, and applicable Quality Operating Procedures.
• Supports the quality management system and quality objectives.
• Design digital systems, electronic systems, and software for implementation in medical, scientific, manufacturing, or R&D applications.
• Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and execution lab and field-testing.
• Assists Director of Engineering in developing short and long-term goals and objectives. Provides suggestions and recommendations.
• Participates in developing Department policies and procedures and ensures that they support and complement Company-wide strategic objectives.
• Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies.
• Ensures that policies are updated and in accordance with evolving engineering and quality standards.
• Participates in budget development.
• Participates in new business development.
• Has identified one or more individuals within the Electrical Engineering Department who can assume the Manager's responsibilities when needed.
• Oversees design and implementation processes.
• Monitors and supervises Engineering quality, including design and documentation for all projects.
• Identifies problems and resolves them quickly and effectively.
• Regulates workflow to ensure maximum efficiency. Monitors utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
• Writes procedure documents and completes related reports and records.
• Supervises the allocation and distribution of materials.
• Evaluates engineering tools for effectiveness.
• Ensures that Engineering functions are completed in accordance with established engineering and quality operating procedures.
• Effectively supervises assigned personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with Company personnel and management.
• Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Interact with outside customers, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13 yrs.; Assoc. +9 yrs.; M.S. +2 yrs.; PhD+1 yr.).
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience 3 Years of Demonstrated Leadership.
• Business development and project management experience.
• Six or more years of progressive engineering experience with MS.
• Eight or more years of progressive engineering experience with BS.
• Two-dimensional CAD skills. AutoCAD with OrCAD Capture and Allegro experience is preferred.
Back to top