District Sales Manager - South Bay District, California
Location of this role will be in the Southern Bay area including San Jose and surrounding locations.
- Manages and directs sales personnel performance of an assigned geographical area to achieve sales objectives for an Alcon Sales division.
- Ensure implementation of marketing plans.
- Manages a number of outside sales representatives. Meet district sales dollar objectives for contact lenses and lens care solutions and market share targets for featured brands / products.
- Development of annual district business plan to achieve sales and establish promotional activities.
- Supervision of District /Sales Representatives planning and sales to assigned Doctor accounts within the district to maximize sales and profitability.
- Responsible for all district administrative functions.
- Assessment and analysis of district competitive activity.
- Selection, hiring, training and management of District Sales Representatives.
- Manage expenses within the allotted operational budget.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a District Sales Manager
- Outside sales experience in Business to Business or medical related industries
- Previous medical/pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top