District Manager - Cincinnati,/Columbus/Indianaplolis (Eye Care)
This District Manager role can be based in either Cincinnati, OH, Columbus, OH, or Indianapolis, IN.
- Manage sales personnel to achieve district sales quotas and implement marketing plans.
- Provide leadership within district and across department.
- Provide leadership within department across US Operations to advance organization initiatives.
- Share knowledge of successes at POA,NSM and District/Regional meetings and provide coaching and training to team and sales management peers.
- Recruit, hire and manage a diverse sales team.
- Coach/counsel individual representatives for improved performance.
- Motivate sales team to achieve objectives.
- Achieve district sales quota.
- Execute POA and provide feedback of the plan to marketing and sales management peers.
- Coach sales team in the execution of POA.
- Develop strategic relationships with key opinion leaders and develop advocates within district.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure consistent approach with KOL and advocates and provide to marketing and feedback obtained.
- Analyze district/territory trends, develop/implement plans to address needs and increase market share.
- Manage expenses and other resources within allotted operational budgets.
- Manages experienced professionals (e.g., engineers, scientists ,financial analysts) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Often heads one or more sections or a small department. Interprets and administers policies, processes, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate work units.
- Assignments are defined in terms of activities and objectives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments normally result in serious delays and considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
- Interacts frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives.
- Interaction typically concerns resolution of operational and scheduling issues.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- 3 years Leading People + 5 Years in the Specific Field
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top