Distribution Clerk 1
•Perform distribution functions related to the receipt/storage and processing of customer orders in a computerized and or manual/material management system.
- Inspect, sort, receive, & perform product put away processes in an automated and/or manual environment utilizing radio frequency devices, bar code technology and/or detailed receiving logs to transmit information to the material management system.
- Move product throughout the warehouse utilizing CRT terminals or RF devices and/or detailed inventory move logs to transmit information to the material management system.
- Work with integrated order processing technician, information technology support, and customer service to fill customer orders utilizing RF device, PTL, Kardex equipment, and/or computer generated manual pick lists.
- Manifest orders utilizing CRT work station and the parcel manifest system and/or prepare manual Bill of Ladings.
- Perform quality checks and order verification using CRTs for loose pick, assembly process and LTL shipments and/or by visual inspection and comparison to the manual pick list.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comply with company policies, SOP's and GMP's.
- Occupational Demand Requirements: Position may require standing, walking, twisting, driving, writing, talking, sitting, bending, climbing ladders/steps, handling, turning, stooping, balancing, carrying, grasping, use both feet, use both hands, reaching 36 in., pushing 50 lbs., pulling 50 lbs., lifting 40 lbs., lowering 40 lbs., reading, problem solving, verbal communication, reasoning, written communications, customer contact/general public, math calculations, deadlines under pressure, learning/retaining technical information, computer literate, irregular schedule requiring excessive overtime, exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally or 50 lbs. of force frequently or 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Working conditions position may be exposed to include: equipment/mechanical/electrical hazards, chemical/vapor hazards, hot/cold weather, and heights.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •High School diploma or equivalent
- No prior experience required
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top