Director, Technical Accounting
• The Director of Technical Accounting Operations will support that effective financial control, policies, processes and procedures are in place to provide the company with high quality financial and management reporting services, which comply with the evolving IFRS accounting standards and with the changing requirements of Management.
• She/he will establish a well performing operation that meets agreed service levels, drives productivity improvements on a continuous basis and achieves operational excellence against defined benchmarks in line with standards of Global FRA policies.
• She/he will also build and develop talent, and drive a continuous improvement mindset in the organization.
• Support the interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards providing thought leadership designing/implementing new reporting requirements, challenges recommended revisions relevant to Alcon Accounting policies and supports data collection of company data. Driving change across the Company.
• Ensure consistency and proper application of Company principles and standards
• Provide guidance to CFOs, key business stakeholders and FRA Regions/Countries on technical accounting and reporting matters.
• Provides guidance and monitors accounting for acquisitions, integration of new businesses, divestments, factoring, innovative pricing models and other accounting transactions.
• Interfaces with Tax Function and Treasury function on all accounting policy matters relevant to these functions.
• Support operational excellence and compliance in running the Technical Accounting team.
• Monitor developments in IAS, IFRS and US GAAP, drive setting accounting and reporting policies for the company in cooperation with external auditors.
• Accountable for updating accounting guidelines or proposing amendments to be brought to the Alcon Accounting Manual.
• Collaborates with M&A, BD&L, CFO and the external auditors through the process of structuring and negotiating a transaction in identifying potential strategic implications of changes in accounting standards and the interpretations thereof.
• Ensure all non-recurring transactions are appropriately reflected in financial statements & ensure that appropriate supporting documentation is available
• Support for intangible asset quarterly review process.
• BD&L Review envisaged transactions providing accounting and reporting guidance.
• Collaborates within Global FRA to improve overall operations Compliance.
• Support preparation of quarterly SOX 302 disclosure reports for the company.
• Accountable for performing impairment tests on the intangible assets and goodwill.
• Support compliance with SOX 404 key controls for the company.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• University Degree, MBA desirable.
• Excellent English both spoken and written.
• Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant with in-depth IFRS knowledge.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience. ]
• SEC Experience
• Strong technical competence acquired in Auditing minimum 10 years in major auditing company, of which 5 years in a multinational financial reporting environment or senior technical specialist in major international company using IFRS or US GAAP.
• Financial Reporting & Accounting: minimum 5 years of Big 4 and/or Public Accounting experience.
• Line management experience with team responsibility.
• International exposure.
• Good SAP ERP understanding is helpful
• Six Sigma Green belt certification beneficial.
• Good understanding of the Healthcare industry desirable.
Back to top