Director, Optics & Photonics
This highly strategic Director role is responsible for leading end-to-end New Product Development Lifecycle (NPDL) work performed by the Optical Design, OptoMechanical, and Photonics teams.
• Lead Optical Design, Optomechanical, and Photonics teams in New Product Development work (i.e.
concept to commercialization)
• Interacting regularly with senior and executive management
• Work cross functionally to ensure alignment and clear communication
• Analyze resources needed to develop new products and manage projects effectively
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (or High School +18 years;
Associates +14 years; Masters' + 7 years; PhD + 6 years).
• Able to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 10 years of relevant experience
• 6 years of demonstrated leadership
• Experience with Optical design, LED illumination, Optomechanical design approaches, Laser
Electronics and Photonics, Fiber optic processing, Display solutions and Image processing
(registration, segmentation, and tracking)
• Experience Leading multi-functional teams
• Project management experience
• Experience interfacing with healthcare providers
• Strong familiarity with medical device standards and regulatory requirements (FDA, EU, and others)
• Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time, on budget, and to specification
• Ability to travel internationally or domestically
• Possess strong initiative and comfort with ambiguity
Back to top