Director of Strategy-Global Vision Care
•Ensures key GFT project tracking and updates
- Helps define and prioritize key work streams for the franchise and coordinates across franchises to share best practices
- Tracking of cross functional projects
- Provides ongoing support to Global Franchise Head, including preparation of reports to Alcon/ Novartis Senior Management and Governing Boards.
- Manage the business and organizational workflow from office of the Global Franchise Head
- Assist the Global Franchise Head in aligning the organization with the strategy, driving change efforts and ensuring the progression and integration of business initiatives.
- Lead key strategic projects, problem-solve with and counsel leaders, and provide guidance to organization around problem structuring, action planning, and recommendation synthesis.
- Synthesize Franchise results and issues and create presentations on behalf of the Global Franchise Head for key audiences
- Prepare monthly reports
- Actively participate and run leadership team monthly meetings, including preparation of agenda and minutes
- Participate in yearly financial target-setting process and related updates to the Global Franchise Head
- Synthesize and integrate pertinent business and financial reviews and reports
- Prepare high quality presentations for internal and external use (e.g., Group Leadership Meeting, ELT, media, analysts, key events)
- Special projects and counsel: Provide thought partnership to Global Franchise Head and jointly problem solve with Global Franchise team members on key issues
- Liaise with Regions/countries/marketing teams to ensure proper preparation for Market Reviews, country visits, customer meetings, etc.
- Provide guidance to organization around problem structuring, action planning, and recommendation synthesis
- Prepare for ad hoc meeting and/or presentations
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •University degree
- Advanced degree such as MBA, JD, MD
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- 3+ years of top-tier consulting background (>project manager level); Pharma / Med Device experience very desirable
- 2+ years of industry work experience
- Excellent process management skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to manage complex analyses
- Ability to influence and map knowledge flow within an organization
- Ability to review and analyze and interpret data and make recommendations
- Excellent communication and conceptual synthesis skills (written and oral, PowerPoint mastering)
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across a Global, matrix company
- Passionate, positive attitude with proven ability to motivate and cultivate high performing teams
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top