Director, MTO Site Procurement
The Director, MTO Site Procurement plans and leads the site procurement organization. The task is to provide high value procurement solutions, to support the definition and implementation of global cross-divisional category strategies and to support optimal third party vendor selection, development and relationships. The purpose is to ensure best-in-class delivery of external services and goods for the Alcon Vision Care division to support the site operations, products and projects and to realize year-on-year productivity improvements, cost savings, and process improvements in close collaboration with the customers in the business.
1. Strategic Focus: act on strategic level above and across projects at the assigned MTO site
- Support the Vision Care Procurement Head in developing a best-in-class Procurement organization, facilitating collaboration and growth of functional and technical skills at the sites.
- Develop, align and implement innovative category strategies to support site's business objectives.
-Align category strategies along the product lifecycle and with the other general category strategies.
-Create spend transparency (spend baselines, KPIs and metrics) and establish efficient strategic business processes in line with applicable regulations
-Drive teams to analyze, identify, evaluate, negotiate, select, contract and develop a supply base which meets the line functions' need for timely and quality supply of goods and services used in the development and manufacture of medical devices, innovative packaging solutions, and analytical services.
-Ensure management of key supplier relationships through appropriate programs to enable innovation and cost containment; Enable an effective contracting process in compliance with Novartis legal, ethical, and procurement standards.
-Support Site Leadership priorities related to spend efficiency, budget accuracy, cash flow performance, capital investment, third party effectiveness, compliance and business continuity.
2. Customer Relationship Management maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction: Work with Senior Business Leaders to build strong, collaborative relationships, and take action to ensure that site and category procurement teams support business priorities. Work with Procurement colleagues to ensure that Category Managers fully understand current and future business requirements and that Category Strategies are aligned.
3. Act as a Business Partner to Site Leadership and line function stakeholders.
Relocation Assistance May Be Available
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• University degree or equivalent (e.g. BS or BA, PhD and/or MBA preferred)
• Fluent in English
• Minimum: 10 years of relevant experience with 6 years of demonstrated leadership.
• A broad technical, medical manufacturing and product development understanding with 5 years experience preferred.
• Preferred: 10-12 years business experience such as procurement, sales or business development. At least 3 years of experience in purchasing.
• Proven ability to manage and develop people.
• Proven ability to lead complex projects and deliver results with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with successful presentation capabilities and negotiation skills.
• Excellent team work in a multidisciplinary environment with strong customer focus.
• Demonstrated innovation in processes / technical approaches.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top