Director, Internal Communications
Alcon is a global leader in eye care innovations, from precision surgical solutions to over-the-counter products. We support eye-care professionals and their patients in more than 180 countries, reaching 90% of the globe, and helping millions of people see the world with clarity, color, and beauty. Alcon is grounded in breakthrough technology, transforming the way we treat eye diseases and conditions. Alcon's vision to enhance quality of life by helping people see better guides every decision and accomplishment on our team. We want you to share our vision.
- Lead all internal communications initiatives and channels which span Division globally and impact all organizational levels requiring significant coordination with functional, regional, and external Communications counterparts.
- Design and oversee implementation of a global message platform with communication campaigns designed to educate and engage Division associates on Division strategy and goals. Incorporate and reinforce strategy messaging in all communications. Additionally, promote and reinforce Division's culture in all internal communications through emphasizing demonstrable ways culture principles and V&Bs are incorporated into company decisions and actions.
- Centralize internal messaging through creation and cascade of global internal message platforms driven by the Senior Director, Commercial Excellence communications which reach across global languages and cultures. Advise region, function, and site communication teams in delivery of messaging to all associates. Continually refine internal communication programs and channels to ensure effectiveness.
- In partnership with Digital and Brand Communications, oversee development, production and implementation all company-wide communication vehicles and channels that effectively keep the associate population informed and engaged. Gather feedback from leaders, communicators, and associates on effectiveness of communication tools and messages.
- Generate and support delivery of all internal CEO communication content including, but not limited to, Global Webcasts, Division Leadership Meetings, blogs, etc. Stay actively engaged in the state-of-the-business and associate demands to generate relevant messaging. Monitor impact through hit-rates, comments, and feedback in order to ensure maximum applicability.
- Oversee the delivery of global updates including organizational talent announcements, global reorganizations, policy changes, global associate events, Division-wide awards, etc. As needed, serve as primary Communications contact on committees or advisory boards related to internal affairs.
- Maintain close strategic partnership with External Communications and Digital and Brand Communications teams to ensure alignment across all Division communications.
- Effectively handle all escalated concerns and feedback on internal communication messaging in a timely and
constructive manner. Address and resolve any escalated executive-level needs concerning internal communications.
- Serve as primary Divisional representative on all enterprise-wide Novartis committees, programs, or messaging concerning internal communications. Build a strong cross-divisional network of internal communicators in order to stay current on Corporate messaging for cascade to the Division. Keep Novartis Group internal communications team aware of key Divisional internal events and messaging.
- Ensure internal messaging reflects all relevant Division involvement including Corporate Social Responsibility impact, key product launches, upcoming innovation milestones, and other internal highlights.
- Build the corporate brand internally through exemplifying the use of brand standards in all communication platforms delivered globally across the Division.
- Generate and continually maintain internal segment of Division crisis communications plan. In crisis situations, ensure entire impacted internal population, from executives to associates, are appropriately informed in collaboration with External communications.
- Allocate communication resources and personnel to meet business objectives and coordinate communication teams to ensure implementation of strategy/action plans.
- Build, monitor and evaluate the Function's performance to achieve and maintain best-in-class performance, while being fully consistent with the evolving legal, regulatory and compliance environment.
- Direct the development, review and approval of divisional Internal Communications policies and procedures, and monitor implementation, ensuring alignment with Group Communications strategy and policies.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline such as corporate communications, public relations or marketing communications
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; second language is a plus
- 10 years of relevant experience in the field of corporate communications with considerable experience supporting client communications
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deadlines, often on sensitive confidential issues
- Must show a strong grasp of the Division strategy and product lines
- Must be able to handle pressure situations, demonstrating an excellent sense of judgment
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top