Director, HR Operations
We're looking for a self-starter, a tinkerer, someone who is never satisfied with the status quo and is looking to make a difference. Responsible for Operational Excellence, the Director of HR Operations will be expected to create and implement HR global technology and strategic initiatives that increase organizational effectiveness, and ultimately, enable the business to deliver customer and patient outcomes.
As the global leader in eye care Alcon has built a rich history of providing innovative products to customers and patients all over the world. We're extremely proud of our legacy and the significant way we've helped to shape the industry over the last 70 years, but we're just getting started. Our relentless passion to eliminate unmet medical need drives our pursuit to further advance eye health worldwide.
We're looking for exceptionally talented, driven people who want to make a difference. If you'd like to help us change the way the world sees, this is your chance.
The successful candidate will have four primary deliverables:
- Design, build and implement using the best bleeding edge technology to create a Global Shared Service Center to address future business needs that is thoughtful, user friendly, secure and expandable
- Deliver a Best in Class Global HR Operations function through creative and innovative solutions for an exceptional HR experience for associates and leaders
- Focus on improving and simplifying things – processes, tools, communication, and execution of Global HR Services
- Committed to HR Compliance best practices.
HR Global Shared Services
- Find and implement the best Global HRIS solution for growth of the organization
- Develops a new Global Shared Service Center from the ground up while maintaining the current system with no downtime
- Division lead and representative for shared HR services including HRIS maintenance, time management and payroll to ensure effective and efficient solutions for the business
- Represents the Division in collaborative interactions with HR Shared Service leadership from other divisions
- Serves as Division lead and internal subject matter expert on HR systems and processes
- Represents and makes decisions on behalf of the Division globally in cross divisional projects and system implementations
HR Compliance and Governance
- Sets global direction and monitors HR compliance initiatives with binding corporate rules, corporate level controls
- Leads internal and external HR audits
- Makes decisions independently within broad framework, with precedence and guidelines generally available
HR Optimization & Digital Strategy
- Drives standardization and optimization of HR processes and practices across the Division
- Supports cross-divisional systems and process harmonization initiatives representing the Division with influential decision-making
- Owns and manages Division HR intranet pages including direct maintenance of global HR page for all associates, US HR associate page for all associates, and HR internal page, as well as establishing and monitoring governance of local country and site HR pages
- Coordinates with COE content owners to ensure accurate and up to date information is available and useful to HR community
Critical Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Experience as an HRIS professional with creating a Global Shared Service Center
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining HR processes on a large scale globally
- Hands-on approach and strong multi-tasking abilities to manage high volume workload
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Demonstrated success in change management
- Team management with a focus on leveraging the strengths and expanding the development of members
Why Should You Apply?
● Co-workers that feel like family
● Organizational spirit for winning
● Deep and meaningful work
● Great benefits
● Competitive Pay
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree in Business or Human Resources Management
- Fluent in English
- 10 years of experience in HR leadership role
Preferred candidate will have
- 7+ years in Global HRIS and Shared Service experience
- 7+ years in Project Management
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top