Director Global Quality Customer & Technical Affairs
•The purpose of the role is to assist in the global execution of complaint handling and investigation operations related to complaints received on Alcon medical device products, not limited to oversight of investigation activities, generating complaint summaries and follow up interactions with external Alcon customers to provide direct feedback.
- Be a change agent instilling a quality culture and mind set through a robust Quality Management System, providing the basis to work collaboratively with all internal and external customers including MTO, R&D, Medical Safety, Compliance, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service Engineers (FSEs), Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs), Clinical Applications Specialists (CASs) and Alcon external customers (Surgeons, Ophthalmologists, Optometrists, etc.).
- Support the organization in maintaining a compliant and efficient Complaint Handling system that includes ensuring accurate, timely and thorough investigations/summaries, and effective customer interactions, feedback and issue solving.
- Ensure global processes and guidelines are developed and maintained to comply with global regulations, guidelines, and directives for complaint handling operations.
- Ensure the Complaint Process is end-to-end customer focused, including technical evaluation / investigation of global complaints and providing timely and accurate feedback to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for oversight of platform specific global technical complaint investigation activities, including follow up activities with relevant internal departments (MTO facilities, Medical Safety, FSEs, CASs, and R&D) and ensure timely resolution to investigations.
- Compile and summarize all investigation activities received from internal customers and deliver appropriate written, verbal or in person communication back to external customer, when appropriate.
- Review investigation summaries involving complaints from external customers to coordinate and direct interactions with these customers to discuss and provide appropriate feedback on completed investigations related to reported complaints.
- Involve FSEs, MSLs, CASs, Commercial, etc., as appropriate.
- Attend major industry scientific meetings (ASCRS, ESCRS, AAO, etc.) to interface with external customers, including attendance at KOL meetings, and to gather related competitive intelligence.
- Provide appropriate external customer feedback to R&D, MTO, Commercial, etc. teams to evaluate complaint related issues with Alcon products.
- Interface with Customer Service to ensure received complaints are handled compliantly per procedure
- Attend FSE, CAS, and Sales trainings as appropriate for visibility into related activities. Educate these functions on responsibilities of Quality Customer and Technical Affairs.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor's degree. Doctorate of Optometry highly desired.
- English fluently spoken & written
- 10 years directly related experience, to include 7 years leading people
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top