Director, Drug Product Development
•Lead a Pharmaceutical Development Team consisting of members of multiple project teams by optimally setting up people, assets, equipment to best serve project needs according to priority, and ensure timely delivery of high quality products and solutions.
- Foster a culture of innovation, empowerment, trust, learning, diversity and inclusion and high performance.
- Leads a Pharmaceutical Development Team responsible for biologics drug product development and/or a combination products, contributing members to multiple product development project teams and a total of 5-15 associates in Drug Product Development Team.
- Contributes to definition and implementation of the global department strategy and ensure that both strategic and operational objectives for the line function are met or exceeded by setting appropriate priorities for the team.
- Ensures the optimal set up of people, assets, and equipment in order to best serve project needs consistently and with high quality.
- Makes sure that all deliverables are achieved against agreed upon project timelines and with committed resources for development, technological and technical life cycle management projects assigned to the team.
- Supports that budget targets are maintained and in line with Drug Substance Development budget targets.
- Either ensures development of adequate DP manufacturing processes or ensures their execution, or provides required infrastructure for manufacturing of technical DP batches for Development pipeline projects
- Ensure high quality transfer of DP manufacturing processes and methods to internal and/or external DP manufacturing sites as needed to ensure timely launch.
- Ensures best-in-class partnership with third party vendors.
- Ensures the continuous improvement of DP processes to maintain high quality standards and operational excellence.
- Ensures best practice sharing, knowledge exchange, and cross-functional support within the team and with partner organizations in BTDM and beyond (e.g. other TRD departments, TechOps).
- Ensures compliance to all relevant standards (e.g. HSE, GMP, ISECO). •Ensures that all solutions and products are delivered in compliance with all relevant corporate and legal guidelines on HSE and quality requirements.
- Ensures proper communication of all relevant topics discussed in the unit into the PHD group 1
- Effectively manages the interface between the team and stakeholders in other functions in and outside of the unit.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum: Advanced degree in scientific or relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; minimum of 3 years in a leadership or people management position with successful performance and track record in the role of line/people manager in technical organization, or a related industrial area (e.g., TechOps, Biotech)
- Proven track record of successfully managing interfaces to other functions.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top