Director Clinical Development - Med. Affairs - Fort Worth or Atlanta
The purpose of this position is to direct and coordinate activities concerned with research and development projects of major significance to Alcon's long-term future. These projects are highly difficult and complex in nature and require the expert application of advanced knowledge in ophthalmic medical devices, science and technology. This position works with wide latitude for un-reviewed actions and/or decisions and represents the organization in outside discussions and technical forums relative to the broad corporate direction in science and technology.
• Functions as a clinical and subject matter expert in the therapeutic area.
• Uses deep technical and scientific knowledge to advise and develop strategies which significantly contribute to organizational objectives.
• Represents the organization as the primary internal and customer scientific and technical contact as required on contracts and/or operations.
• Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives including equivalent and above management.
• Responsible for strategy implementation within the subprogram, area or country.
• Liaises with other areas of the business providing senior input and advice to global projects.
• Develops concepts and proposes approaches to address identified ophthalmic medical device, science and technology needs.
• Supplies technical advice and counsel to other professionals and represents the organization in outside discussions and technical forums.
• Originates and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique methods and procedures.
• Designs with regular use of creativity and originality to research and/or development.
• Processes assessment feasibility, research, design, development, compliance to customer and non-customer requirements, and transfer to production.
• Provides leadership direction and determines and develops approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems.
• Lead design reviews and assign and review action items.
• Ensure regulatory, statutory and legislative compliance for all project work.
• Acts as a mentor in the engineering organization and may direct the activities of senior technical professionals to accomplish objectives.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with 10+ years of directly related working experience OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• 6+ years of demonstrated leadership experience.
• Seasoned project management skills; multiple projects of complexity and/or large scale nature.
• Known authority among peers in ophthalmic surgical device/science/technology industry.
Back to top