Dir, VC Franchise & R&D Communications
Alcon is a global leader in eye care innovations, from precision surgical solutions to over-the-counter products. We support eye-care professionals and their patients in more than 180 countries, reaching 90% of the globe, and helping millions of people see the world with clarity, color, and beauty. Alcon is grounded in breakthrough technology, transforming the way we treat eye diseases and conditions. Alcon's vision to enhance quality of life by helping people see better guides every decision and accomplishment on our team. We want you to share our vision.
Centrally responsible for the creation and oversight of all global communications strategies, programs and messaging across the Vision Care franchise and R&D with a focus on executive communications to enable the business to drive strategic priorities as well as associate engagement. Actively contributes to the Communications Leadership Team, the Vision Care Franchise Leadership Team and the R&D Leadership Team providing updates on key activities and disseminating key communications initiatives within client groups.
- Define, develop and deliver impactful communications strategies to support strategic goals of global Vision Care and Franchise. Primary communications resource for Vision Care Franchise Head and Head of R&D and respective leadership teams and associates.
- Identify opportunities to communicate global brand platforms and eliminate redundant messaging
- Centrally responsible for developing and implementing both external and internal communications functional plans in close alignment with strategic direction of Divisional External and Internal Communications as well as Global Divisional Communications Strategy. Partner closely with functional and regional communications teams to develop consistent and informed messaging. Build the corporate brand through exemplifying the use of brand standards in all communication platforms delivered globally across the Division.
- Provide strategic guidance to Vision Care Franchise Head and Head of R&D and respective leadership teams for key communications, critical leadership messages, change communications and associate engagement which may include, but not limited to:
o In partnership with HR, developing, implementing and providing counsel on large change projects and business transformations.
o Provide input on management briefings including global presentations, key messages, talking points, and Q&As, ensuring consistent roll-out globally.
o In partnership with Internal Communications, support communications needs for Vision Care franchise events and R&D events such as conferences, large KOL meetings and town halls.
o Assist in cascading global divisional or corporate messaging to client groups including organizational structure announcements, crisis communications, culture plans, etc.
- Partner with Global Digital Communications in the creation, implementation and continuation of creative digital channels for the delivery of news and submission of feedback which are of relevance and impact to client groups. Stay actively engaged with client groups to continuously improve applicability of messaging.
- Effectively handle all escalated concerns and feedback on communication messaging in a timely and
constructive manner. Openly accept feedback and adjust customer service as appropriate in order to optimally support client groups.
- As needed, serve as primary Divisional representative on all enterprise-wide Novartis committees, programs, or messaging concerning the Vision Care franchise and R&D communications. Build a strong divisional and cross-divisional network of communicators to share best practices and learnings.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline such as corporate communications, public relations or marketing communications
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; second language is a plus
- 10 years of relevant experience in the field of corporate communications with considerable experience supporting client communications
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deadlines, often on sensitive confidential issues
- Must show a strong grasp of the Division strategy and product lines
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top