Digital Experience Designer
Alcon, the world leader in ophthalmology, is looking for an experienced Digital Experience Designer to join an exciting new team focused on driving a novel digital business innovation forward. The Digital Experience Designer is playing a critical role in the commercialization, support, and ongoing development of this innovative venture. This position will serve as a technical knowledge expert to provide ongoing in-market support for both the sales teams and escalated customer needs. A successful candidate will be highly motivated, entrepreneurial and digitally savvy with a passion for people, digital innovation & creating digital converts.
• Support every step of the user experience from concept to execution with design thinking, sketching, prototyping, testing, learning, polished execution and iteration, working closely with the Product & Marketing teams.
• Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
• Identify user pain points & design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Participate in, and over time begin to lead, concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
• Balance consumer/customer frictions and needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
• Translate consumer/customer insights into concepts, personas, and user journeys & illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and system maps.
• Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on & improve product solutions.
• Create visual design deliverables based on the brand style guide (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
• Deliver design assets in a format that can easily be consumed and embedded by our engineering team for the various layouts and screen sizes Cross-Functional Cooperation.
• Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, Customer Service and Content Strategists to gather and evaluate user requirements and translate into product design.
• Partner with product and engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
• Collaborate with brand/ marketing team to develop the brand vision and supporting assets to deploy in market for user engagement and acquisition.
• Work with marketing in the development of visual collateral for marketing initiatives and develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10yrs; Assoc.+6yrs; M.S.+0yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2 Years of Relevant Experience
• Degree in Interaction Design, Design & Technology, Human-Computer-Interaction, or design-related field
• 4+ years of professional experience as an Experience Designer
• 3+ years professional experience with web and/or mobile & working with product managers & engineers
Back to top