CSO - Engineering Tech II – 3rd shift
Assist engineers in the fabrication, installation, assembly, testing, adjusting, maintenance and servicing of automated production systems with PLC computer controls as well as CNC turning centers and smaller pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical systems. This position will require the majority of time be spent out on the production floor.
1. The individual assigned to this position provides immediate response to equipment malfunctions. Is able to detect, correct errors, and adjust components.
2. Assures appropriate steps are taken to bring equipment back to an operable state by utilizing electrical, mechanical and computer based skills. Interfaces with internal support groups and external equipment vendors to solve equipment problems.
3. Maintain production equipment in good operating condition with attention to mechanics, electronics, pneumatics, process control, motion control and instrumentation.
4. Troubleshoot, install, set-up programmable logic controllers (PLC's), robots and related electrical and automated equipment.
5. Troubleshoot system malfunctions on AC and DC drives, automation and third party equipment. Suggests and corrects problems.
6. Recommends additions and/or deletions to the existing P.M. framework.
7. Monitors in-line sensor verification by performing routine system audits with known defective units (masters). Documents test results on in-line verification checklists.
8. Assists Manufacturing Engineering with new equipment, or equipment upgrades, modifications or troubleshooting .
9. Maintains records and files related to own work. Organize records and work efforts to assure timely completion of tasks.
Posting Dates: 5/11/18-5/18/18
Work Schedule: 3rd shift Sunday night - Thursday night 10:30pm - 6:30 am
2 year engineering technology degree or Associate degree in engineering or field appropriate for automation equipment support activities
4 years, 2 of which is internal to Alcon, of technical support in areas covering PLCs, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic controls, equipment and/or processes.
CSO - Engineering Tech II - 3rd shift
High School Diploma or equivalent
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
3 Years of Relevant Experience
Sinking Spring, PA
MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Alcon Research, Ltd.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top