Critical Utilities Maintenance Tech - 1st shift
Critical Utilities Maintenance Tech, Water Systems is responsible for the day today operation of his/her water systems and to ensure the water quality and systems are operating at peak performance at all time. The technician will execute and maintain these systems in accordance with local standards, procedures, and industry knowledge as may be relevant to the equipment at Alcon.
• Lean on industry knowledge of process water systems and industrial grade water production equipment to support the manufacturing efforts at Alcon.
• Responsible for the daily maintenance requirements set forth by the fixed maintenance program at Alcon utilizing systems of Maximo, TrackWise, or as may directed by maintenance supervisors/managers.
• Execute maintenance in accordance with local SOPs, technical manuals, and industry knowledge of water production while adhering to the strict requirements of local Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) requirements.
• Exhibit basic mechanical and electrical trouble-shooting skills, perform both scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance during regular shift hours and have the ability to support the manufacturing efforts of the facility outside of normal working hours.
• Proactively maintain aseptic personnel certification, investigator certification, and any local or industry certification as may be required for the execution of his/her duties.
• Additional duties will include water quality analysis including water sample collection, testing and interpretation. Additionally, responsible for monitoring/maintaining plant equipment, pumps, motors, and operation of the Supervisory Control and data Accession (SCADA) system as necessary.
• Clearly communicate any work related information both orally and in written format and to articulate thoughts and ideas as may be needed in support of SOP updates, investigations, and daily communications.
• Identify problems, engage with his/her team to implement solutions to enhance quality, while also working with compliance to increase reliability and reduce cost.
• Interfaces: Work with Quality Assurance on product quality issues and compliance activities.
• Communicate and work with Maintenance to resolve problems with equipment.
• Work with suppliers to identify spare parts and work with factory representatives and contractors to ensure work is performed in accordance with cGMP and SOPs. Assist plant engineers in new equipment startups and engineering changes.
• Team: Support training of new co-workers, and share knowledge and experience with co-workers to develop the team's overall capability.
• Listen attentively and communicate clearly with customers, suppliers, coworkers and associates at all levels of the organization.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
High school diploma or GED; plus 3 years direct industry experience. The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Back to top