Clinical Applications Specialist - St. Louis, MO
•Assist customers with the proper use of Alcon products to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides technical and clinical training, education and ongoing support to certify surgeons and OR staff on the use and application of Alcon Cataract Refractive Surgical Products.
- Provides on-site and/or remote clinical application support to customers by providing scientific, technical information in response to on-and-of-label inquiries regarding use of Alcon medical devices.
- Provides clear and accurate documentation of each site visit to CAS Manager via a standardized reporting mechanism within 48 hours of completion of the visit.
- Identifies and reports all adverse events and device deficiencies to Medical Safety per company protocol.
- Addresses reports of AEs requiring root cause analysis and request for feedback and input from physicians as requested by Safety.
- Provides constant feedback to R&D via approved communication plan on clinical performance of products.
- Responds to unsolicited requests from information (on and off label) related to Alcon medical devices, per SOPs and Ethics and Compliance Guidelines.
- Assists with tradeshow demonstration as deemed appropriate by CAS Management per SOPs.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements *COA, COT, COMT is preferred along with the high-school diploma.
- 3 years directly related experience in the Clinical Ophthalmic industry
STRONG OPTICS experience
Exposure and knowledge of ORA, LenSx, Verion, and any Refractive lasers
Must have Clinical and Operating Room experience
Working with Ophthalmic Dr's
Comfortable with travel- 80%
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top