Cataract Sales Specialist - German Speaking Regions, Switzerland
Alcon are the market leader in eye care globally, helping people see better through advanced surgical and vision care products. If an innovative and forward thinking company is what you are looking for and are motivated by making a difference to people's lives then get in touch!
We are seeking an experienced sales professional, ideally with Ophthalmology/medical device or an Optometrist with a strong commercial focus who is seeking a change in their career.
You will work with your customers across all German speaking regions therefore speaking fluent German language is required along with good English.
Drive Alcon Surgical's advanced technology portfolio (focus on toric & multi-focal IOL's) sales and market share at target customers.
Develop adoption and growth of advanced technology within the ophthalmic market.
Achieve Sales and market share TGT across the Sx portfolio of advanced technology products, i.e.
• Toric IOLs (Intra Ocular Lens)
• Multifocal IOLs
• Verion / ORA
• Advanced equipment : LenSx, Wavelight
• Deployment of Value-Added Services in support of the advanced technology portfolio
Drive advanced technology penetration in target customers :
• Develop toric towards standard of care (jointly with Cataract Procedure Managers and other commercial support functions)
• Drive full and rapid adoption of LenSx/Verion/ORA according to business opportunity
• Interact with surgeons, hospital buyers, head of OR and pharmacists to increase the use of advanced technology
• Prepare, negotiate and follow-up offers and close commercial deals
• Interact with financial liaisons to discuss financing models and schemes , partnering with Market Access , Business Planning Analyst and Tender, Pricing & Contract team
• Participate in trade shows, conventions and trainings educational events & activities with health care professionals (including evenings and incidentally also during weekends )
• Ensure technical excellence in support of new and ongoing external and internal training of Alcon devices, in particular for advanced technologies
• Drive with local Clinical Application Specialist clinical and training development
• Foster collaborative relationships for sales support and customer problem solving with Safety , Technical Services, Marketing, Clinical Application Specialist and logistics
• Report to management on competitor activities, customer/market trends and potential for new products and services.
• At all times ensure customer segmentation & targeting information is of high quality and up to date
• Sales time allocation as per defined Customer approach (Partner, Grow, Protect and Let go)
• Timely, complete and effective reporting into CRM system
• Efficiently use analytical tools to continuously improve customer satisfaction and sales performance
• Create and manage customer account plans
Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing, medical and technical service areas.
Consistently act in accordance with Alcon standard operating procedures and Values & Behaviours as well as medical device regulatory environment.
Minimum requirements • Experience in Optometry or Optics
• Ophthalmologic experience is key
• Sales experience in ophthalmology
• Fluent German and good English (French an advantage)
• At least three (3) years of clinical applications experience, preferably in cataract and femtosecond laser refractive surgery or
• At least three (3) years of sales experience, in cataract and femtosecond laser refractive surgery
• Deep understanding of optometry / ophthalmic surgery
• Deep understanding of laser mechanics/engineering and technical
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Jose V.Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top