Backup and Storage Manager, TIS
Do you want to join our new GBS Shared Service Centre in Warsaw as The Backup and Storage Manager and be globally responsible to all divisions within Alcon for delivery of the primary Storage and Backup Recovery service lines. This includes building the entire service line organization to support SAN, NAS, and B&R infrastructure including engineering, operations, support and continuous service improvement.
• Responsible for ensuring that the internally and externally sourced IT services in the area of Storage/Backup & Restore are aligned with the business needs of all divisions and are delivered in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements to Alcon IT Standards and in line with industry best practice.
• Responsible for service level management & process improvements, financial management, demand & capacity management, configuration-, change-, incident- & problem management, supplier & contract management, benchmarking, etc.
• Responsible for the implementation of service life cycle management which includes service & technology life cycle management, architecture and innovation in close co-operation with Architecture & Service Lifecycle Management within Global IT Infrastructure Services (GIS).
• Developed and define strategic technology standards across both storage and backup recovery area. Keeping abreast of new storage / backup technologies and define business use cases where applicable.
Minimum requirements • Degree in Computer Science
• English: Very good spoken and written
• Five plus years' experience in managing large scale storage and backup infrastructure team in global environment and delivering infrastructure services across geographic and business boundaries.
• Capability to think in terms of industrial value chains and to manage the service end-to-end (from sourcing to pricing, from global to local).
• Responsible for managing both operational and capital l budgets
• Knowledge in storage and backup technologies
• Managed large scale infrastructure and business projects
Back to top