Backup and Storage Manager, TIS
- Warsaw, Poland
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Alcon Global Services (AGS) is a dynamic team providing critical shared-services support to the Alcon organization worldwide - in areas like Finance, IT, HR, Quality, and more. Our objective in AGS is simple - ensuring the satisfaction of our internal clients and contributing to an outstanding experience for Alcon's customers worldwide.
Globally, we share a bond - seeing better enhances our quality of life. This is your chance to make contributions to a leading company that you can be proud of every day and help make a positive impact that can benefit yourself, your loved ones, your community and our world!
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
As the Backup and Storage Manager you will be globally responsible to all divisions within Alcon for delivery of the primary Storage and Backup Recovery service lines. This includes building the entire service line organization to support SAN, NAS, and B&R infrastructure including engineering, operations, support and continuous service improvement.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Responsible for ensuring that the internally and externally sourced IT services in the area of Storage/Backup & Restore are aligned with the business needs of all divisions and are delivered in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements to Alcon IT Standards and in line with industry best practice.
• Responsible for service level management & process improvements, financial management, demand & capacity management, configuration-, change-, incident- & problem management, supplier & contract management, benchmarking, etc.
• Responsible for the implementation of service life cycle management which includes service & technology life cycle management, architecture and innovation in close co-operation with Architecture & Service Lifecycle Management within Global IT Infrastructure Services (GIS).
• Developed and define strategic technology standards across both storage and backup recovery area. Keeping abreast of new storage / backup technologies and define business use cases where applicable.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• Opportunity to join growing, early-stage organization built within a mature, stable global company
• Very best working environment for our employees - Alcon Polska has been recognized as a Top Employer for the two years in a row
• Collaboration and frequent direct interactions with business stakeholders
• Ability to cross skill and grow or move (horizontally/vertically) within the organization
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world
• Attractive benefits package (private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, free Alcon products for you and your significant other
• Permanent employment contract, attractive base salary and annual bonus
• Flexible hours and remote work possibilities
• Brand new office in Marynarska 15, Warsaw, with a lot of facilities inside
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• Degree in Computer Science
• English: Very good spoken and written
• Five plus years' experience in managing large scale storage and backup infrastructure team in global environment and delivering infrastructure services across geographic and business boundaries.
• Capability to think in terms of industrial value chains and to manage the service end-to-end (from sourcing to pricing, from global to local).
• Responsible for managing both operational and capital l budgets
• Knowledge in storage and backup technologies
• Managed large scale infrastructure and business projects
Back to top