AVS Lab Manager
•Provide oversight of the AVS Laboratory Area, schedule work completion, and perform inspection of verification samples as needed.
- The manager must also support qualifications of AVS equipment, support Test Method Validations, lead continuous quality improvement activities, create and revise Standard Operating Procedures, and write / investigate / approve non-conformances as needed.
- Plan and organize work and schedules to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Ecalate issues that may be outside of normal guidelines.
- Monitor employee productivities and create plans to improve these when needed.
- Communicate factual, sometimes complex, information to internal and/or external contacts.
- Provide specific advice and recommendations to peers and managers on improvements to processes.
- Identify and define problems that may hinder sample verifications and select the best options for resolution.
- Interact with fellow team members to understand problems, and identify areas of impact.
- Ensure effective results for personal output, non-direct roles, small team targets, and/or narrowly defined projects within the function.
- Foster collaboration with sites to improve laboratory processes.
- Develop standard work guidelines for team members and ensure these are followed.
- Ensure that safety requirements are met.
- Ensure procedures are adequately followed.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained.
- Ensure laboratory supplies are available.
- Contribute ideas and concepts to advance projects.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- Fluency in English
- 5 years directly related experience, to include 3 years leading people
- In Medical device and/or pharmaceuticals
- Regulatory GMP manufacturing background
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top