Associate Medical Director
• Provide scientific/medical leadership and support for Surgical products in various stages of clinical development and lifecycle management of approved products in their assigned therapeutic area.
• Support input into the strategy, development, management, and implementation of phase IV clinical or in-vitro studies for the assigned therapeutic area; will also be involved in providing strategic input for global development programs and registration studies.
• The position includes some involvement with global development colleagues, regional marketing and sales, regulatory, legal and compliance.
• Publish, present and communicate scientific information and study data with other disease state experts to help meet the needs of patients and health care practitioners for the assigned therapeutic area.
• Support the execution of comprehensive Surgical Medical Affairs strategic plans, including: Post Marketing/Phase IV studies/preregistration studies
• Support launch strategies, life-cycle management and expansion of indications for use
• Support Surgical Medical Publications: Develop content for whitepapers, peer-reviewed manuscripts, posters, scientific articles
• Support customer medical inquires (i.e. medical exchange of information with KOLs, and management of medical issues raised by customer Health Care providers)
• Medical and scientific support for product messaging and claims development
• Maintain peer-to-peer relationships with Surgical Medical Experts/Key Stakeholders and members of the scientific community, utilizing scientific and medical evidence-based non-promotional materials
• Key Opinion Leader Medical Support
• Support planning and execution of medical advisory board meetings
• Provide fair-balanced scientific and educational information to healthcare professionals on specific medical issues
• Support internal Alcon Medical Support and Training for Surgical, and as needed for academic or healthcare professionals
• Medical Promotional Reviews for Surgical as needed
• Support of Surgical Marketing/Professional Affairs programs with scientific and technical support.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EEO Statement EEO Statement
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience Preferred: O.D. or M.D.
• Will consider advanced clinical degree in combination with a technical/scientific degree (MS/PhD) in the life sciences
• English 7 years of relevant experience
Back to top