Application Infrastructure Engineer
- Warsaw, Poland
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Out of our competence center in Warsaw we support various IT sub functions: from ERP through Infrastructure Services or Commercial, Digital and Finance IT. Our main goal is to support Alcon transformation journey and build a strong organization that can quickly react to changing business environment. By joining our center in Warsaw you will become a part of the global Alcon IT Team - working closely with the stakeholders from all around the world.
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
The Application Infrastructure Engineer will be a partner with IT Functional Teams by acting as a single point-of-contact for application infrastructure across all hosting platforms. Manage the application infrastructure from system inception to retirement.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Collaborate with Application Managers, Project Managers, IT Business Partners and Vendors to plan, design and build application infrastructure to align with enterprise strategy and meet business requirements.
• Modernize application infrastructure platforms, processes, and tooling.
• Embrace and support digital transformation initiatives
• Perform and/or coordinate installation and configuration of application technical infrastructure per design. Including initial deployment and subsequent changes/updates. Supporting technical documentation (e.g. architectural diagrams, qualification documents, test scripts).
• Support problem management, system health checks, performance tuning, capacity planning, vulnerability remediation, privileged access management and audit requests.
• Provide escalation support for AIE Operations (Run) team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• Opportunity to join growing, early-stage organization built within a mature, stable global company
• Very best working environment for our employees - Alcon Polska has been recognized as a Top Employer for the two years in a row
• Collaboration and frequent direct interactions with business stakeholders
• Ability to cross skill and grow or move (horizontally/vertically) within the organization
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world
• Attractive benefits package (private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, free Alcon products for you and your significant other
• Permanent employment contract, attractive base salary and annual bonus
• Flexible hours and remote work possibilities
• Brand new office in Marynarska 15, Warsaw, with a lot of facilities inside
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• 5+ years of applicable experience
• Experience in Global application is required
• Broad application expertise, spanning multiple functions and technologies
• Experience with Red Hat Linux and Microsoft Windows
• Experience with Cloud services/technology, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Amazon Web Services, Azure is preferred
• Oracle or SQL DBA experience a plus
• Familiarity with DEVOPS model, AGILE methodology
• Familiarity with SOX/GXP compliance
Back to top