Allergy & Otolaryngology Consultant-Tacoma, WA
This position will cover the Tacoma and Seattle areas.
You are an unquestionable go-getter. You go. You achieve. As one of Alcon’s front-line sales personnel, You. Generate. Profit. Because you’re less a gatherer and more a hunter, your high level of drive and self-motivation creates success from the opportunities all around you. From your expertise with Alcon products, your ability to influence others, and your hard work, you don’t merely watch the growth charts, you make the numbers climb. You have an empathy that enables you to align with customers and build rapport. You see through the tangle to identify how Alcon’s premier line of products and services match up with doctor’s and patient’s needs. You leverage the data to strategize the most effective approach to every meeting. At the end of the day, eye-care practitioners don’t feel that you convinced them to change their minds; instead they just realize the benefits of making Alcon their first choice. Whether it is networking at a convention, planning a product launch with key clients, or following up to resolve customer concerns, you make sales look easy. Teamed up with Alcon’s top-tier products and services, it IS easy. It’s what you do. So come share our vision of eye-care excellence.
- Builds and executes business plans to meet sales goals for assigned territory.
- Drives territory sales performance, market share, and optimal resource utilization.
- Develop effective professional business relationships with customers that support delivery of business results across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Differentiates Alcon as a leader in therapeutic areas targeted.
- Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers, or therapeutic area.
- Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships).
- Executes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency.
- Adapts and optimizes approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs.
- Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls.
- Ensure that Alcon products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
- Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
- Uses expert knowledge of Alcon products and of a range of therapy areas to build professional customer relationships and to support sound clinical discussions.
- Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products’ features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Alcon products.
- Allocates resources effectively for sampling, programs and events, etc.
- Works effectively with other Alcon and Novartis stakeholders and with resources in Sales and across other functions (e.g., KAM, Marketing, etc.) to achieve sales targets.
- Provides Alcon stakeholders and other colleagues with insight and feedback gained from customer interactions.
- Works within Integrity and Compliance policies and all company policies and ensures those around him/her do the same.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- 2 years sales related experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top