Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
- Conduct thorough security assessments of third-party vendors, partners, and suppliers to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities of Alation vendors.
- Have strong familiarity with ISO 27001, ISO 27701, and SOC 2, and some familiarity with other relevant security frameworks such as NIST CSF & 800-53, SOX, HITRUST/HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to ensure third-party relationships align with our security and compliance standards.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand the context of the product/service usage and assess the functionality of key information security and controls related to vendor or in-house developed software/systems.
- Analyze security reports, vulnerability scans, and other relevant data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Managing issues or tasks assigned to the vendors to closure in order to reduce the security risks.
- Communicate issues and evaluate issues/findings and best practices with the rest of the team and management.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest security trends, vulnerabilities, and industry best practices to continuously improve the company's security posture.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation related to third-party security assessments and processes.
- Complete customer security questionnaires to offer assurance of Alation’s security posture.
You may be a fit if you:
- 2-3 years of experience in vendor risk, compliance, or security roles with hands-on experience in third-party security risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field, cyber security, or equivalent experience.
- Big 4 experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with Cloud technologies/environments is desired.
- Strong knowledge of risk management methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry-standard risk analysis approach.
- Experience with GRC applications or ticketing systems.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with experience making data-driven decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to take ownership, self-motivate, and deliver results in ambiguous environments.
- Understanding of working in regulated environments such as GDPR, or CCPA.
- Ability to work independently and adaptively, and take initiative to resolve challenges.
- Certifications: CRISC, CISA or equivalent is nice to have
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!