Technical Support Manager
- Chennai, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is looking for an experienced Manager to lead and run the day to day operations of a team of Technical Support Engineers. As Technical Support Manager, you will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements to team-level metrics and KPIs, acting as an internal technical subject matter expert, and optimizing and developing support processes and tools. Your work will be cross-functional and will involve working with product management, engineering, sales, customer success, and marketing.
Experience in a technical support role, proven analytical skills, and strong communication skills are a must. You should be comfortable acting as an escalation point with customers and internal teams, and be able to efficiently manage multiple projects, objectives and deadlines through to completion. Given our rapid growth, the evolution of our ability to support our varying set or constituents at scale is a key company initiative.
- Directly manage a team of Technical Support Engineers, guiding and prioritizing their work and ensuring the team has the appropriate tools and training to provide world-class support
- Handle support escalations and assist with troubleshooting and triaging incidents
- Manage and update the technical knowledge base
- Ensure incoming chats, emails, tickets, and calls are handled with the highest level of quality and efficiency
- Improve tools and processes to enable us to deliver support at scale
- Develop and execute action plans that contribute to the team’s and company’s OKRs
- Foster an environment of inclusion and diversity, reinforcing Alation core values and culture.
Desired Qualification and Skills
- 10+ years of enterprise software support experience, with minimum 3 years in a Technical Lead role
- Prior experience building, leading and scaling a high-performance, cohesive technical support operation and leading teams of 8-10 people in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Technologies
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Exceptional analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- System integration, Linux troubleshooting, and SQL experience is required
- Understanding of application components and functionality; i.e. relational databases, NoSQL databases, web servers
- Experience with SaaS, data management/BI products
- Experience in Red Hat, Centos, and Ubuntu operating systems a plus
- Experience with Python, Java is nice to have
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top