Technical Support Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data, so they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer, PepsiCo, and Munich Re empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions and products (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer, or a wind farm offering a guaranteed ROI with Munich Re). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $82M in funding, and 200+ customers with household names, Alation is poised to capitalize on data as opportunity. Our exceptional Glassdoor ratings reflect a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
As a Manager of Technical Support at Alation you will lead the day to day operations of a team of Technical Support Engineers. You will be responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements to team-level metrics and KPIs, acting as an escalation point with customers and internal teams, and optimizing and developing support processes and tools. Your work will be cross-functional and will involve working with engineering, QA, DevOps, product management, sales and customer success. This role can be hired in Chennai, Bangalore or Hyderabad locations.
- Manage a team of frontline and senior-level Technical Support Engineers
- Develop capacity forecasts and resource allocation models to ensure proper coverage
- Drive the scaling of the team (hiring, onboarding, ongoing training)
- Handle customer escalations and assist with troubleshooting and triaging incidents
- Participate in Executive Business Reviews with key customers as required
- Manage the backlog and ensure that Support SLAs and KPIs are met
- Partner with Engineering & Product to prioritize issues and product improvements
- 10 years of B2B enterprise software / application support experience
- Prior experience managing a team frontline and senior-level Support Engineers
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to discuss complex technical topics with customers, engineers, and product managers
- Self-starter with strong creative problem-solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Linux system administration skills
- Understanding of relational & non-relational databases and web servers
A big plus if you have the following:
- On-Prem and SaaS platforms & applications
- Knowledge of data platforms, data management, analytics or the BI space
- Experience with cluster platforms such as Hadoop and Hive
- Expertise in authentication protocols (Kerberos, SAML, LDAP, SSO, SSL certificates)
- Experience debugging applications written in JAVA and Python
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top