Technical Enablement Manager
- Redwood City, CA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is seeking a Technical Enablement Manager to join the Training team. The ideal candidate will serve the technical training needs for employees, customers and partners. Whether building the content or sourcing it from other experts, the delivery of timely rapid training solutions as well as the design and construction of complete learning tracks will provide tremendous value. Providing instructor led training for our customers and partners will drive knowledge into the Alation ecosystem, and provide revenue to build a sustainable model for education services. This position reports to the Director of Training.
In this role, you will:
- Identify skill gaps that in-depth training can bridge, and develop short-term solutions and simultaneously architect role-based paths with measured assessment to drive scalable, maintainable long term solutions
- Design and build solutions using existing content and SMEs and adding (developing) additional content through agile processes with rapid content development tools
- Use your technical expertise to accelerate training success through partnerships with internal, partner and customer experts and personas
- Deliver training in an instructor led format that provides a modern, superb experience
- Analyze and design technical training solutions for employees, customers, and partners
- Create, write, test and deliver training courses when appropriate for solution
- Create self-paced training content (primarily video) when appropriate
- Identify technical resources and existing assets to fast track solution creation
- Build and deliver instructor led training courses to offer for sale to customers and partners
- Create assessment activities that measure competence and knowledge retention.
- Integrate Alation University self-paced resources to maximize benefit and build blended training offerings for employees, customers, partners and inclusion in professional services implementation engagements
- Create integrated (blended) packages for sale to customers and partners
- Build and drive an engine to quickly solve technical training gaps with high quality right-sized rapid-development solutions
- Identify gaps and participate in ideation to track ongoing needs
- Source the content from an expert, or build the content when necessary
- Be the primary point-of-contact for internal technical audiences, including Professional Services, Support, Customer Success, Sales Engineering, Engineering, Product Management
- Work with Engineering to understand any future technology directions, to represent those directions in human terms (how will people learn to use these) and to bring the customer and partner viewpoint to the conversation
- BS degree or higher or equivalent experience; preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Ability (and desire) to work and learn in a rapidly changing startup environment
- Expertise – Technical Knowledge in 3 domains: 1. Data - RDBMS, Business Intelligence, Cloud, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Lake, ETL); 2. Adult Learning – familiarity with and experience creating rich, deep, engaging training content; and 3. Technology – Linux, Networking, APIs, System Integration, SSO, Web Technologies (HTML, CSS). Use of training content development tools (Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
- Experience – 5 years instructor and content development experience. Deep experience with data management is a plus. Experience creating self-paced content and blended learning a plus
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visit https://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
Back to top